Alert Level 2 Protocol:
- Only come onto the school grounds if necessary. Limit visit to classrooms.
- Students to go home straight after school, no playing.
- Encourage the use of the Contact Tracing app outside each classroom.
- Breakfast club, Milk in Schools and Fruit in Schools will still continue.
- Most common symptoms of covid: fever, dry cough, tiredness.
- Less common symptoms: aches and pains, sore throat, diarrhoea, conjunctivitis, headache, loss of taste or smell, a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes.
- Serious symptoms:difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, chest pain or pressure, loss of speech or movement
- Seek immediate medical attention if you have serious symptoms.
- Always call before visiting your doctor or health facility.
Friday 14th August Assembly : Due to being in Alert Level 2 tomorrow’s assembly has been postponed.
Parent Teacher Interviews: Parent/Teacher Interviews are scheduled for week 3, Wednesday 5th August. Children need to be collected at 1pm. Interviews can be booked on line by going to the following link,
and follow the simple instructions. Our 5 digit code is yqfbc. You will need to enter this on the home page of the interviews website.
TEACHER ONLY DAY: Monday 207th July Levin School is closed so staff can refresh their First Aid Certificates. School will be open on Tuesday 28th July as normal.
Click on the link below to read a message from Mr Sannazzaro re Alert Level 1.
Click below to read a the news from our Board Chair.
Click on the link below to find out about students returning to school at Alert Level 2.
Click on the link below to read a message from Mr Sannazzaro re: Alert Level 3 update
30th April: Internet Safety – Live Streaming: Click on the link below to watch a short video with key points to help parents and children when broadcasting in real time.
Click on the link below to open to see whether you can send your little darlings to school next week.
21st April: Please click on the “Letter from Mr Sannazzaro” below, to read his message to our Levin School families re Level 3.
Click on ‘Letter from Mr Sannazzaro’ below, to read his latest message for our Levin School families.
URGENT! The World Health Organisation (WHO) has now classified COVID-19 as a pandemic. The WHO Director-General when announcing this decision noted “describing the situation as a pandemic does not change WHO’s assessment of the threat posed by this virus. It doesn’t change what WHO is doing, and it doesn’t change what countries should do”.
- Remind children about hand washing and good hygiene as well as ensuring children who are sick don’t come to school.
- You will appreciate the importance of giving children factual, age-appropriate information about COVID-19 so that they can feel informed and in control. The link below will help you have those conversations – Talking to children about coronavirus
A very useful video you may wish to watch with your children to help better understand the virus is: Nanogirl video clip which has a great explanation for kids about coronavirus
- Whanau Fun Night: Come along on Wednesday 26th February, from 4.30 -6.00 pm, for a night of games and activities. Bring a picnic tea and join in the fun. Children will get a free sausage. This is a family event so students must be accompanied with an adult.
- Welcome back to 2020. We hope you enjoyed the summer break. Staff are feeling rested and refreshed, ready to start the new year. Please note there are a number of staff changes that you need to be aware of. We warmly welcome four new members to the staff here at Levin School. Mr Manu Bennett, Mrs Charlotte Maclean , Mrs Jane Heyes and later in term Mrs Paula Marsters-Sasa.
Hinau Class: Charlotte Maclean will be teaching Hinau class for Term 1, weeks 1-7. From week 8 Paula Marsters-Sasa, ex Life Education Trust teacher, will be teaching Hinau class.
Manuka Class: Melinda West, Hinau’s teacher last year, will be teaching in Manuka Class.
Rimu Class: Manu Bennett will be teaching in Rimu class.
Kowhai Class: Kathryn Brown has accepted the position of Resource Teacher of Literacy for Schools around Levin. Congratulations on your new appointment Kathryn. We wish her well. James Wylie will be teaching in Kowhai class tor Term 1.
Please feel free to visit and meet the new staff and to catch up with everyone.
All the best for an exciting 2020.
- 2020 – The Office will be open from Tuesday 28th January 2020. School will start 8.55 am Monday 3rd February 2020.
- Wednesday 20th November, 6.30 -8.30 pm, Levin Intermediate Hall: The Intermediate is hosting a free workshop, run by Mid Central Health, for parents and caregivers on raising children in an online world where sexual content is everywhere.
- Monday 18th November: Year 6 day out at Makahika.
- Wednesday 13th November: Please make sure children are at school on time with their lunch, drink and togs and towel.
- Duffy Role Model Assembly will be held in the hall on Friday 13th September at 11.30 am.
- On recommendation from Mid Central Health we have been checking all students immunisation records. For those students that we do not have any record of immunisation, will receive a letter advising of what is needed.
- August 2019 Meningococcal Disease – There have been 3 confirmed cases of meningococcal disease in the MidCentral region during July/August. Please check the health notice issued by MidCentral Health on the Health page of our Website.
- A great game of rugby played on Wednesday 7th August. Levin School drew their first game against Koputaroa, 8 tries each. 7-3 down at half time and a great come back to get the draw. Congratulations to Maraia, player of the day, to keep the team in the game. One very proud coach. Alex Bell.
- A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone for supporting the Car Boot Sale held on Saturday 6th April. Funds raised will go towards purchasing some new sand pit equipment.